There’s nothing like garden fresh veggies and these green beans are begging to be grilled for dinner (ya feel me?)
High in fiber, low in calories and fat, green beans are a nutrition powerhouse!
Did you know there’s about 150 varieties of green beans throughout the world that come in all shapes and colors, (even purple)?
Here’s one of my favorite ways to serve them up in minutes!
- 1 lb. freshly picked green beans, ends trimmed
- 3 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3. T. coconut amino acids
- 1 T. garlic, (minced)
- 2 tsp. honey
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Sea salt
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
- Preheat a large grill pan over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, coconut aminos, garlic, honey, and red pepper flakes; then add green beans and toss to coat. Season with salt.
- Place green beans on grill pan and cook until slightly charred all over, about 7 minutes total. (If you’re using a grill, lay a thick piece of foil over grates and place green beans on top)
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.