Your whole family is gonna love this Creamy Beef Stroganoff!
I promise you this recipe is one meal your family will request again and again (mine does)!
1.5 pounds beef round stew meat cubes (or 1/2 lb. round and 1/2 lb. chuck cubes)
8 oz Baby Portabella mushrooms, sliced (or a mix of Portabella and Shitake)
1/4 cup onions, chopped
3 T. butter, divided
2 T. Red Wine
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup Beef Bone Broth (my fave is Kettle and Fire)
2 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese, full fat, softened
1 cup full fat sour cream
3 pinches grated nutmeg
2 T. chopped parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 T. butter in cast iron pan and add beef cubes. Season with salt and pepper. Sear on each side for 3 minutes.
2. Line slow-cooker with parchment paper (makes clean-up a snap)! and transfer beef into slow-cooker. Spread out evenly. Add bone broth, cover and set to low. Cook on low for 6 hours, until meat is very tender and breaks apart.
3. In cast iron pan, add 2 more T. butter. Add chopped onions and mushrooms and saute for about 3-4 minutes.
4. Add nutmeg, cream cheese, sour cream and stir until well combined and everything is melted. Set aside until meat is finished cooking.
5. About 15 minutes before serving, add the sauce mixture over the cooked beef cubes and stir to combine. Top with chopped parley.
6. Serve over riced or mashed cauliflower for keto-friendly meal. If you prefer, serve over gluten-free noodles or zoodles.