Grilled asparagus is THE ingredient your summer salad needs now!
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- zest from one lemon
- juice from one lemon
- 1–2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
For the salad:
- 1 bunch asparagus, grilled and cut into 2” pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh peas
- 3 cups +/- mixed salad greens
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1 whole broasted chicken, shredded
- 1 watermelon radish, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh berries (I used a mix of blueberries and raspberries)
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/2 c. coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled.
- Make the basil & mint dressing: In a food processor, pulse together the herbs, garlic, lemon juice and zest, honey, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings. Set aside in jar.
Prepare the salad:
- First, grill asparagus. Toss spears with olive oil and grill for 3-4 minutes per side on stove top or gas grill. Then, allow to cool and chop asparagus into 2-inch pieces.
- Prepare peas: Blanch them for about 45 seconds in a pot of boiling, salted water. Remove immediately and transfer to a bowl of ice water. Let cool, then drain.
- In a large bowl toss together the asparagus, peas, salad greens, and radish slices.
- Transfer the salad to a platter or large serving bowl.
- Top with shredded chicken, avocado slices, and fresh berries.
- Add as much of the dressing as you like and toss again. Add the pistachios and goat cheese, and additional chopped fresh herbs as desired.