Food is referred to as being the best mood elevator. Food is one single thing, which each and every human loves, their cravings may differ but they do love it regardless of anything. When you feel totally insane in the morning just from getting up what helps you to bring back your sanity? Yes, it’s the divine Coffee.
When you feel down after having a bad day what helps you to feel revitalized? Chocolate ice-cream will definitely do the trick. So food has the capability to uplift your mood and soul. Some of the foods that can help with boosting your mood are discussed below.
- If you feel extremely tired all the time despite of getting enough sleep, the reason might be the lack of iron in your diet. To get rid of this nutritional deficiency and get back to fresh and lively life, you can add animal protein such as meat, lean beef, lamb, turkey, fish, shrimps or other seafood to your diet. When you skip animal protein, add some food high in vitamin C such as tomatoes, melon, berries, and green leafy vegetables to your diet to get enough iron. As, getting enough iron will help you get back on your feet with an elevated mood.
- If you’re feeling stressed out, the one food that can help to boost your mood without you getting the extra-pounds is a healthy nutritious smoothie. So shake it up and leave the stress zone. You can add your favorite fruits, some nutritious superfoods and give it a twist with a punch of some nuts, then blend it till its smooth and drink up to let it soothe away all your stress.
- If you feel cranky or irritable because you couldn’t get enough sleep due to insomnia, caffeine might be the reason for this lack of sleep. Try to cut it out of your life by taking decaffeinated coffee and drinks. It will help you to sleep well and put you back to your refreshed normal mood.
- When you feel depressed, eating more fish might help you to get rid of it. As the fish contains omega-3 fatty acids which have been proven to alleviate the symptoms of depression through many researches. Eating fish twice a week can help to such the depression out of your life. So load up your plate with some fish and get rid of that soul-eating depression.
- If you want to get a good night’s sleep, alcohol is a very bad idea for that. You can have a cup of chamomile tea that calms your nerves or you could add some honey to a cup of warm milk to give you a soothing effect.
These foods can help solve different issues related to your mood and boost it for you to spend a happy-go-lucky life.
Why it is important to eat foods that have serotonin?
Serotonin is a compound present in the platelets which acts as a neurotransmitter. Commonly referred to as the “happiness compound”; serotonin helps to keep you in positive mood.
The outburst of depression these days is interlinked to the low levels of serotonin. Anti-depressants are prescribed by the doctors to treat its low level but these have side effects such as low libido and decreased level of energy.
So, if you are looking for an alternative to treat your depression, look no further, this e-book will give you a list of foods that you can add to your diet in order to raise the level of your serotonin naturally to get back into your positive attitude.
The nutrients found in these foods alter the chemical activity of the brain and help to maintain mental health. Vitamin B, complex carbohydrates, and omega-3 fats are the group of food that helps to reduce the symptoms of depression by increasing the amount of circulating neurotransmitters (Serotonin) in the brain. The list of foods containing these nutrients is as follows.
– Hickory nuts
By incorporating this list of foods in your daily intake of food can help you to leave your depression behind and start your life with a new wave of optimism.