This chili is sure to please your hungry crowd have them scraping the pot for more!
(but seriously, I could eat a bowl every night, anyone else?)
Just dump all the ingredients in your slow-cooker. Set it to Low and Go!
*2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
*1 cup chopped onion
*3 garlic cloves, minced
* 2½ cups butternut squash cubes (fresh or frozen)
*1-2 cans no-salt added black beans (optional) *1 cup frozen white corn kernels (optional)
*2 tablespoons chili powder
*2 teaspoons ground cumin
*2 large cans diced tomatoes in juice
*2 small cans tomato paste
*1 pound organic ground beef or turkey (if you are vegetarian, omit)
*2 cups packed, coarsely chopped spinach, kale, arugula, or Swiss chard leaves.
- In large pot over medium heat, heat oil.
- Stir in onions and garlic; sauté until tender and golden (about 9 minutes).
- Add in ground beef or turkey and brown.
- Line slow-cooker with parchment paper for easy clean-up.
- Add meat mixture along with all remaining ingredients, except chopped greens into large slow-cooker.
- Cover with lid, set it to low and go! Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Stir in chard or spinach just before serving.
- Ladle into bowls and top with avocado slices, cheese, diced peppers, scallions, or your favorite toppings.
Keywords: #chili #healthymeals #simplemeals #slowcooker