This EASY slow-cooker chili is sure to please the whole gang at your next game day get together!Print
This chili is sure to please your hungry crowd have them scraping the pot for more!
(but seriously, I could eat a bowl every night, anyone else?)
Just dump all the ingredients in your slow-cooker. Set it to Low and Go!
*2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
*1 cup chopped onion
*3 garlic cloves, minced
* 2½ cups butternut squash cubes (fresh or frozen)
*1-2 cans no-salt added black beans (optional) *1 cup frozen white corn kernels (optional)
*2 tablespoons chili powder
*2 teaspoons ground cumin
*2 large cans diced tomatoes in juice
*2 small cans tomato paste
*1 pound organic ground beef or turkey (if you are vegetarian, omit)
*2 cups packed, coarsely chopped spinach, kale, arugula, or Swiss chard leaves.
- In large pot over medium heat, heat oil.
- Stir in onions and garlic; sauté until tender and golden (about 9 minutes).
- Add in ground beef or turkey and brown.
- Line slow-cooker with parchment paper for easy clean-up.
- Add meat mixture along with all remaining ingredients, except chopped greens into large slow-cooker.
- Cover with lid, set it to low and go! Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Stir in chard or spinach just before serving.
- Ladle into bowls and top with avocado slices, cheese, diced peppers, scallions, or your favorite toppings.
Keywords: #chili #healthymeals #simplemeals #slowcooker