I love recipes that are simple to make and have plenty of spices. 🔥
This 1 Pan Chicken Marsala is one of my favorites since it is just as nutritious as it is delicious. Oh, and since it’s a 1 pan meal, the clean-up is super simple. 😋
1 Pan Chicken Marsala
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- 2-3 large chicken breasts
- 1/8th tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1/4 c. finely chopped yellow onion
- 1.5 T. Butter
- 1 T. Avocado oil
- 8 ounces sliced baby Portabella mushrooms
- 2.5 T. Shallots, Minced
- 1/4-1/2 c. Marsala Wine (no substitutes here! You can find it at most all grocery stores too)
- 3/4 c. Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- Chopped Parsley or Basil, for garnish
- First, cut each chicken breast to make them thinner, creating 4 large but less thick chicken breast pieces. Sprinkle breast pieces liberally on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat up a LARGE (large enough for 4 chicken breast sized pieces) nonstick skillet over medium heat with oil in it. Once the pan is warmed up, place all four pieces of chicken flat in the pan – trying to avoid overcrowding/overlapping them. Cook breast pieces for 6 minutes on EACH side, without moving them other than to flip or check that they’re not burning. Remove chicken from the pan, and set aside.
- Using the same pan, turn down the heat slightly. Add mushrooms and butter, stirring occasionally for even cooking for about 2 minutes, and making sure to scrape ALL the brown bits left in the pan into the mushrooms (this adds flavor!). Add minced shallots and minced garlic and cook 1 more minute. Then add Marsala wine and Chicken Broth to the pan, stirring briefly and then allowing to simmer/bubble until the liquid in the pan is reduced by half (meaning half the liquid you started with is left!), which usually is about 6-10 minutes (it should be bubbling/boiling to cook down the liquid).