It’s almost summertime, and the sippin’ is easy! And, with Cinco de Mayo just around the corner, and warm days ahead it’s time for summery sips in the sun! Your favorite summertime cocktail just got a healthy makeover (bye-bye sugary mixers!)
Makes 4 margaritas
- 1 lb. limes, juiced
- 1 medium orange, juiced
- 2 tsp. honey, optional (may substitute agave for a vegan-friendly option)
- 1 cup good-quality tequila
- 16 ounces unsweetened coconut water
- Sparkling water
- Optional, coarse salt for rim, lime wedges or slices for serving
- Juice the limes and orange into a pitcher or quart-size mason jar.
- Stir honey (or agave) into citrus juice, if using.
- Add tequila and coconut water Stir.
- Fill 4 glasses or pint-sized jars with ice and divide margarita mixture evenly between glasses (rimmed with salt, if desired).
- Top off each glass with sparkling water. Garnish with optional lime slices or wedges and serve.
To salt the rims of the glasses:
Place about ¼ cup coarse salt in a small dish. Rub a slice of lime along the rim of each glass then invert the glass into the dish of salt and gently twist the glass back and forth a few times to coat the rim with salt.