The Ultimate Comfort Dish! Grab a fork and dive in!
INGREDIENTS: FOR POTATOES:
- 2 lb. potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 tbsp. butter,melted
- 1/4 c. coconut or almond milk
- sea salt freshly ground black pepper
FOR MEAT MIXTURE:
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. gluten-free flour
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 Carrots, peeled and chopped (optional)
- 1.5 cups French cut green beans
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 1 cup corn (ptional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef or lean ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. steak sauce
- 1 c. chicken bone broth
- 1 tbsp. Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large pot, cover potatoes with water and add a generous pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and cook until totally soft, 16 to 18 minutes. Drain and return to pot.
- Use a potato masher to mash potatoes until smooth. Add melted butter and milk. Mash together until fully incorporated, then season with salt and pepper. Set aside. May also use hand mixer to combine and blend well.
- Make beef mixture: In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion, carrots, garlic, and thyme and cook until fragrant and softened, 5 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, 5 minutes more. Drain fat.
- Stir in tomato paste.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle meat with flour and stir to evenly distribute. Cook one minute more and add bone broth. Bring to a simmer and let mixture thicken slightly, 5 minutes.
- Line slow-cooker (I used a 6-quart) with parchment paper (seriously, this makes clean-up a snap!)
- Add meat mixture to bottom of slow-cooker.
- Add in remaining vegetables of your choice: corn, green beans, peas.
- Top with mashed potatoes.
- Cover slow-cooker. Set it to LOW and Go! Cook on Low for approximately 4-5 hours.
- Top with parsley just prior to serving.