Just when you thought pizza couldn’t get any more comforting, Pizza soup is what #paleo dreams are made of!
Filled with all the flavors of pizza you Love, (but not the gut-wrecking gluten you don’t), this Easy Recipe is my Slow-Cooker Twist on a Classic #whole30 Favorite. Everyone at my house gave it a Big thumbs-up and went back for seconds in a flash!
I adapted the original recipe to make this version in my slow-cooker. I don’t know about you, but the last thing I wanna do at the end of a busy day is come home and slave over the stove for hours cooking dinner (anyone else?). Besides, doing a lot of the work for you, the bonus of a slow-cooker is the simmering process allows all the flavors to marry together magically, creating a total mouth party with this meal.
And, it’s loaded with gut-healing bone broth. I make a batch (in my slow-cooker, of course), every week. It’s loaded with the amino acid glycine which helps to heal and seal a leaky gut and rid the body of inflammation. Grab my Fast & Easy Bone Broth Recipe here: http://pauldawn.com/2016/10/05/slowcookerbonebroth/
How to Make the Slow-Cooker Paleo Pizza Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive or coconut oil
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Whole30-compliant tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 can (28 ounces) Whole30-compliant fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups Bone Broth (use my Whole30-compliant recipe)
- 1/2 bunch Swiss chard, stemmed and leaves cut into 1-inch strips
- Fresh basil leaves, crushed and chopped
- 1 pound Whole 30 compliant turkey or pork sausage, formed into 1 1/2" balls
- Heat oil in pan. Add the onion and garlic, stirring, until soft and translucent, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and all dried seasonings.
- Cook until tomato paste darkens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes with their juices, tomato paste/herb mixture, and bone broth to slow-cooker pot; stir well.
- In pan, cook the turkey or pork sausage balls, until golden brown.
- Drain and then add to slow-cooker. Stir all the contents well.
- Cover with lid. Set it Low and Go.
- Cook on low for about 5-6 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in Swiss chard.
- Ladle into bowls and top with chopped basil.
Who said Eating Healthy has to be hard (or boring)? Let Real Plans spice up your meal plans this week!
I have been using Real Plans for months and absolutely LOVE how Easy it is to plan and prep for tasty, healthy meals my whole family loves! Real Plans is a meal planner with super powers!!
It creates a custom plan to suit your family’s size, busy schedule, and ever-changing needs. I seriously don’t know how I ever lived without it! Friends – you need this in your life NOW! And, it’s ridiculously affordable (like less than the cost of a plain cup of coffee a day affordable y’all)!
I have access to hundreds of recipes and can customize them all for my health needs and for those picky eaters in my house. Seriously, there’s something for everyone: Traditional, Vegetarian, Gaps, AIP, Keto, Paleo, Whole30 and more! Real Plans lets me create a menu for the whole week with a simple click and…of course there’s an app to make grocery shopping a Snap!! (yes, that calls for a Happy Dance)!
So what are you waiting for?
Jump in now and come home to dinner done. Effortlessly! https://realplans.com/?AFFID=278542