Forget cookies…Your Holidays NEED this Paleo Chocolate Lava Cake!
It’s gluten-free, which means NO bloating or inflammation. So go ahead, grab a fork, and dive in! (sans guilt)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup raw cacao powder, plus more for serving
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1 1/4 cup coconut sugar, divided
- 1 cup almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 or 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.
- Combine maple syrup, coconut oil, and cacao powder in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 2 minutes. Take off heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine egg yolks and 3/4 cup coconut sugar in a large bowl and whisk until the mixture is thick, fluffy, and pale in color. Fold in the cacao mixture, then fold in almond flour.
- Place egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat on high until soft peaks form. With the mixer running, slowly pour in remaining 1/2 cup coconut sugar and beat until shiny, stiff peaks form. Working in batches, slowly fold the egg white mixture into cacao batter. Transfer mixture to prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool slightly, then dust with cacao powder.
- Slice and serve—the inside of the cake should be fudgy and runny. If you prefer a completely solid cake, cover and refrigerate for an hour after baking to set.
Grab all the ingredients and save money like I do here, with Thrive Market!
(Think Costco meets Whole Foods). I save $15-$20 each week (yes, that adds up fast y’all)!
Just imagine, shop from home in your pj’s, and it arrives at your front door in a few days!
The choice is yours, and it’s Simple! Start saving with Thrive now!