These ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookies are sure to land you on Santa’s NICE list this year!
They’re gluten-free, super tasty, and packed with gut-healthy collagen (which is also great for radiant, glowing skin, hair, and nails!)
Grab your collagen peptides here with my affiliate link:
- 2 tablespoons ghee, melted butter or melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (I use the kind from Trader Joe’s)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides *
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together ghee/melted butter, pure maple syrup, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Next stir in almond flour, baking soda, salt and Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough onto prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Use your hands to flatten the dough so that it’s about 1/4th inch thick.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies just begin to turn golden brown on the edges. They may look underdone, but that’s just because they’re made with almond flour. Allow cookies to cool for 5-10 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Enjoy with a glass of your favorite non-dairy milk and be sure to make a double batch so you can freeze extras for later! Makes about 14 cookies.
RECIPE – original adapted by Dawn Palacios, RDN