Your Holiday tables deserves something New & Exciting this year! And these stuffed sweet potatoes are legit y’all 🙌🔥
Pecans, apples, & cranberries come together for the perfect flavor combo. Plus, the marshmallow cream contains gut-healing gelatin (you’re welcome) 😉
Grab your Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin here:
How Vital Proteins Beef Geltatin benefits your body:
- Enhance Hair, Skin & Nails: Stir peptides into your favorite drink to rescue thinning hair, dull skin and brittle nails.
- Improve Digestion: Naturally occurring amino acids in collagen peptides provide a strong line of defense for your gut.
- Boost Joint Health: Help improve joint health and bring more comfort to your next 5K, yoga class or walk around the block.
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Write a review
For the Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes or yams
- 2 tbsp. butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 1 small apple, cored & cubed
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ½ c. chopped pecans
- ¼ c. chopped naturally-sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
For the Marshmallow topping
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp. Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- Butter, ghee, or coconut oil, for greasingTapioca flour, for dusting
- 1 c. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Prepare the marshmallow a minimum of 4-6 hours prior.
- Add the water and Beef Gelatin to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Mix briefly and leave it to bloom for at least 3-5 minutes.
- Grease an 8×8 square pan. After
- greasing, dust the inside completely with a light coating of tapioca flour. Set the pan aside.
- Add the maple syrup to a small saucepan and heat over low heat.
- Cook at a low simmer until it has reduced by half and turned a dark golden (but not burnt) color. It will read about 280-300F on a candy thermometer.
- With the stand mixer running on low speed, carefully drizzle the hot syrup over the bloomed gelatin. Turn the mixer to medium speed and mix until the gelatin is melted, about 2 minutes. Turn the mixer to high speed for about 5 minutes, or until the mixture has doubled in volume and turned a lighter, off-white color.
- Once the marshmallow is whipped and no longer feels hot to the touch, stop the mixer and add the vanilla extract and pinch of sea salt. Turn the mixer back to high speed and whip to incorporate, about 30 seconds.
- You know the marshmallow is ready when it holds a shape when you lift the whisk up from the bowl.
- Pour the marshmallow into the prepared pan, spread it out evenly, and set it aside for 4+ hours to set up. It’s ready when it feels firm to the touch and the entire sheet of marshmallow can be lifted easily from the pan.
- Dump the finished marshmallows out onto a surface coated with tapioca starch. Cut into very small squares using a greased knife or rolling pizza cutter. Coat each side of the squares well with tapioca starch. Store in an airtight bag or container.
- To prepare the potatoes: add to slow-cooker with 1 " of water on bottom of pot. Cook on low for approximately 5-6 hours.
- Once cooked, carefully remove and allow them to cool.
- Add the butter, chopped apple, and sea salt to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until the apple begins to brown, about 5-8 minutes. Add the chopped pecans and cranberries and continue to cook until the pecans are golden, about 3 more minutes. Add the maple syrup and ground cinnamon (it will bubble a bit) and stir for about 1 minute to incorporate. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Slice the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and place them with the insides facing up. Use a fork to mash the inner flesh outwards, creating a kind of boat shape. Fill the cavities generously with the warm apple mixture. Top with the small marshmallow pieces, pressing them down a bit to help them stay on top.
- To brown the tops of the marshmallow, either do a few passes with a kitchen torch or place the potatoes under your oven broiler, set to “low broil” where available. Keep an eye out, checking every 30-60 seconds to ensure the marshmallow doesn’t burn. Best served while the marshmallow is still warm. Enjoy!