It’s Fall y’all! And that means soup and stew season is finally here! Tender chunks of beef and a flavor-packed sauce make this version of the classic meal a winner any night of the week.
This hearty stew will keep you feeling full throughout any chilly day, with chunks of boneless beef simmered with Marsala wine, bone broth, butternut squash, and savory spices.
Just add everything to your slow-cooker in the morning, then Set it to Low and Go! And, when you get home, dinner is done! All you have to do is grab a bowl and get comfy!
I adapted this recipe from the Foodnetwork original to make it in my slow-cooker (who’s got an hour to stand over the stove cooking it? I sure don’t)! Plus, the low simmering allows all the flavors to marry together and makes the beef cubes super tender.
It’s perfect for your busy weeknights or next tailgate party with friends. You can even prep everything ahead, and store it in the fridge for a few days until you’re ready to cook it. It didn’t last long at our house last night (next time, I’ll make a double batch)! It’s a meal your whole family will Love!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic All-Purpose or Turkey Rub Seasoning Blend
- 2 pounds stew beef, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons Gluten-Free flour
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 2 pounds butternut squash, trimmed and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 cups bone broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a large soup pot heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions & garlic; cook for 3-5 minutes until softened.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, & beef in a gallon-size storage bag and toss well to coat evenly.
- Add the beef mixture to the pot and sear beef cubes for approximately 3 minutes on each side. *Don't completely cook them, just a quick sear to seal in the juices.
- Add meat mixture to bottom of slow cooker.
- Pour in all remaining ingredients, except for fresh parsley and stir well.
- Cover slow-cooker with lid. Set to Low and Go!
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours until meat is very tender.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley, just before serving.
I love the Simply Organic Turkey Rub Seasoning! It’s the perfect combo of flavors for this mouth-watering stew. And, I love saving $$ by getting it at Thrive Market. That’s why I’m partnering with them to pass on the great savings to you too friends. Plus who doesn’t love doing their shopping in their pj’s from home? (I sure do)!!
Grab it today and have it at your door tomorrow!