Chocolate Avocado Muffins
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups ripe avocado
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tablspoons coconut cream
- 4 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans, pistachios, or walnuts
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 scoops collagen peptides *
- 1/4 cup cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, plus more to sprinkle on top
- Prehat oven to 350 F, and line muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Peel and core avocado, then pulse in a food processor to break it down.
- Add the coconut oil, vanilla, coconut cream, honey, and eggs, and pulse until smooth.
- Combine chopped pecans, almond flour, baking soda, cacao powder, salt and chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pan liners evenly, (should make 12 muffins).
- Sprinkle the top of each muffin with a few more chocolate chips.
- Bake in oven for approximately 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out of center of muffin clean.
- Cool on baking rack and Enjoy!
Note: This recipe calls for 2 scoops of collagen peptides. You can grab them here: