Did you know matcha tea is a super hero food?? (it’s how I get my Wonder Woman powers)!!
What is Matcha?
Matcha is a special type of powdered green tea that is grown and produced in Japan (in most cases). The green tea leaves are shaded from the sun for the last few weeks of their growth, increasing the chlorophyll content and creating a gorgeous green color. Then, the leaves are carefully ground with stone grinding wheels to produce a fine powder.
The powder can then be used to brew an antioxidant rich frothy green tea or in recipes like smoothies or baking. Unlike other types of teas, the green tea powder is not strained out before consuming, so you are consuming the entire leaf, making Matcha more potent than other tea varieties. In fact, only 1/2 tsp is needed to brew a traditional cup of Matcha. Here’s 7 Amazing Benefits and Why you need to make some today:
- It’s loaded with antioxidants (5x higher than any other food)
- Boosts concentration and memory
- Matcha is high in L-Theanine, an amino acid which promotes calm alertness
- Increases energy & endurance
- Burns calories
- Boosts your immune system: Drinking one cup of matcha is like drinking 10 cups of green tea, in terms of antioxidant health benefits!
And, now my friends at Vital Proteins have combine all the benefits of matcha with Collagen Peptides, which support gut health, bone, joint, hair, skin, and nail health. It’s so easy to add to your day:
- Stir into water, coconut milk, or other beverages
- Add to smoothies as protein and antioxidant booster
- Add into dessert or pastry recipes that call for matcha powder
- 10g Collagen Peptides per serving
- Whole30-approved and free of dairy, gluten, added sugars, and artificial flavors
Yeah, it’s pretty much a superfood!! If you haven’t tried it yet, get on it ASAP y’all! .
Here’s how I make this dreamy cup of goodness.Recipe Card
- 1 teaspoon Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen Peptides
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 ounces almond milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Add matcha collagen powder to hot water.
- Pour into blender or Vita Mix and add remaining ingredients.
- Blend on high for 60 seconds.
- Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy!
- *Alternatively, you can use 1/2 teaspoon of matcha tea powder with 1 scoop of unflavored Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides and other remaining ingredients.
Grab your Matcha Collagen peptides here: