It’s time for a snack! Who’s hungry? This Cherry-Passion Fruit Smoothis is gonna be your new afternoon addiction! Grab a spoon and dive in!
I added Collagen Peptides to this Smoothie…
Why Collagen? (great question)!
- Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body and is a key constituent of all connective tissues. Collagen provides the infrastructure of the musculoskeletal system, essential for mobility. The intake of collagen ensures the cohesion, elasticity and regeneration of skin, hair, tendon, cartilage, bones and joints.
- Collagen is a protein made up of amino-acids: glycine, proline, hydroxyproline, and arginine. The composition of collagen is considered unique given its high hydroxyproline content. If you lack the amino acids that combine to form collagen, your body’s cells can’t produce enough of it.
What it does in your body:
- Supports Healthy Gut
- Collagen Peptides hydrolysate are a great, natural alternative to quick-fix medications. Rather than simply masking symptoms, the 18 amino acids found in collagen have the power to prevent and even heal many digestive disorders.
- Increase stomach acid: aminos acids increase gastric acid secretion, helping to better digest your food and prevent heartburn and GERD.
- Heal stomach ulcers: the amino acids glycine and proline protect the stomach lining from injury and even prevent ulcers due to stress via a positive impact on the central nervous system.
- Aids in digestion: when eaten with other proteins or carbohydrates, gelatin will help to break down foods for easier digestion; and the gelling power of gelatin also holds water in the intestines where it is needed to help food move smoothly
- Heal and seal the gut lining: the amino acid glutamine is proven to improve the lining of the intestinal track and encourage a healthy inflammatory response and digestive comfort; a strengthening of the intestinal lining helps to prevent food allergies by keeping food from leaching into the bloodstream.
Discover the gut-healing benefits of collagen peptides and grab some here:
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup baby kale or spinach
- 1/4 cup frozen dark cherries
- 1 passion fruit (scoop out inside and divide in half)
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collegen Peptides
- Chia Seeds
- Combine all ingredients, except chia seeds and 1/2 of the passion fruit.
- Blend well in blender and add ice as needed to reach desire consistency.
- Top with 1 teaspoon of chia seeds and remaining passion fruit seeds.
- Discover the gut-healing benefits of collagen peptides and grab some here: http://tracking.vitalproteins.com/SHDa