Collagen: What is it?
- Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body and is a key constituent of all connective tissues. Collagen provides the infrastructure of the musculoskeletal system, essential for mobility. The intake of collagen ensures the cohesion, elasticity and regeneration of skin, hair, tendon, cartilage, muscles, bones and joints.
- Collagen is a protein made up of amino-acids: glycine, proline, hydroxyproline, and arginine. The composition of collagen is considered unique given its high hydroxyproline content. If you lack the amino acids that combine to form collagen, your body’s cells can’t produce enough of it.
Grab Your Collagen Peptides here for Your BEST skin, hair, and nails ever (great for decreasing joint pain too)!
3 Ways Collagen Benefits Your Body
1. Healthy Hair, Skin, and Nails
A growing body of research is showing nutraceuticals can contribute to healthy skin . While topical creams and cosmetic products can affect skin condition from outside, nutritional supplements taken orally can have an impact from with
Vital Proteins Collagen, a natural essential protein, has clinically been shown to:
Promote younger looking skin
Improve skin moisture level
Prevent the formation of deep wrinkles
Improve skin suppleness
Replenish moisture levels in hair
Support nail growth
2. Supports Bone and Joint Health
Collagen peptides supply amino acids that are needed to build new collagen.
Collagen peptides are high in specific amino acids such as Glycine and Proline that are especially needed for the production of new collagen. The collagen peptides stimulate certain cells (fibroblasts, osteoblasts) to build new collagen.
- Supplementation with collagen peptides can protect the degradation of the connecting tissues in athletes and could completely prevent the exercise induced increase of urinary collagen crosslinks. Supplementation with 30 – 70 grams of collagen peptides per day showed a reduction of risk for injuries on muscle, tendons, and ligaments in athletes.
3. Supports Healthy Gut
Collagen Peptides hydrolysate are a great, natural alternative to quick-fix medications. Rather than simply masking symptoms, the 18 amino acids found in collagen have the power to prevent and even heal many digestive disorders.
- Increase stomach acid: aminos acids increase gastric acid secretion, helping to better digest your food and prevent heartburn and GERD.
- Heal stomach ulcers: the amino acids glycine and proline protect the stomach lining from injury and even prevent ulcers due to stress via a positive impact on the central nervous system.
- Aids in digestion: when eaten with other proteins or carbohydrates, gelatin will help to break down foods for easier digestion; and the gelling power of gelatin also holds water in the intestines where it is needed to help food move smoothly
- Heal and seal the gut lining: the amino acid glutamine is proven to improve the lining of the intestinal track and encourage a healthy inflammatory response and digestive comfort; a strengthening of the intestinal lining helps to prevent food allergies by keeping food from leaching into the bloodstream.
Grab Collagen Peptides Here: http://tracking.vitalproteins.com/SHDa
- ½ cup of chilled or frozen dragon fruit
- ½ cup of diced mango
- 1/4 avocado, sliced and frozen
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 teaspoon each cacao nibs, chia seeds, and coconut
- ½ -1 cup of coconut or almond milk, unsweetened
- fresh blueberries
- 2 scoops of Collagen Peptides
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)*
- In a high-speed blender, add in dragon fruit, mango, avocado, coconut milk and Collagen Peptides. (Using frozen fruit will give a thicker, creamier texture to the smoothie.)
- Add in fresh mint leaves, if desired.
- Pour smoothie into a glass or bowl, and garnish with coconut flakes, cacao nibs and blueberries, if desired. Consume immediately.
- 1 teaspoon coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Fresh blueberries
- 1 c. cold-brew coffee (regular coffee, chilled, works fine too)
- 1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop Collagen Peptides
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Ice cubes
- Combine coffee, almond milk and Collagen Peptides in a glass. Fill glass with ice and savor that sweet vanilla flavor!