Chocolate & Peanut Butter – is there any better combo?
Most of us have enjoyed a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup at some time in our life, yet the chemicals & additives in the ingredient list may likely shock you. This doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a healthier version of this fabulous combo of flavors….Salted Paleo Nutbutter Cups are your answer!
This version contains no refined sugar; it’s naturally sweetened with dates and it’s grain & chemical-free & loaded with lip-smacking deliciousness!
- 3 cups 70% dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seed butter (or almond, pecan, or hazlenut butter)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup pitted medjool dates
- Pink Himalayan salt, to taste
- Prepare two standard mini muffin pans with mini muffin liners and set aside.
- In a double boiler, add in dark chocolate chips, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Melt over a pot of simmering (not boiling) hot water until well incorporated.
- Fill the bottom of each muffin liner with 1 to 2 teaspoons of the chocolate mixture. Set aside leftover chocolate to put on top of the cups.
- Set the muffin pans in the freezer.
- In a food processor or heavy duty blender, add in sunbutter, sea salt, coconut oil and dates. Blend or pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Remove muffin pans out of the freezer.
- Spoon out 1 teaspoon of the sunbutter mixture on top of each chocolate filled muffin liner.
- Take the bowl of melted chocolate and spoon out 1-2 teaspoons to cover each cup.
- Sprinkle Himalayan salt on top.
- Place the cups back in the freezer for 30 minutes or longer until set. Serve frozen.